I know what you guys are thinking… your children are 1 and 3, why on earth are you posting about the preteen years?? Don’t worry, I’m not! Thinking of the preteen years puts me in sever panic mode. Luckily, Valerie, over at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom has experience, and fantastic resources for correcting behavior during the preteen years.
“As soon as your child enters the age for a preteen, the way you correct or discipline that child starts to shift a bit. You both can feel things changing, but neither of you are quite sure how that should be, much less how it will be. A child in the middle years age-range certainly knows a lot more about how to behave than a two year old. Just because your preteen knows more than she did when she was younger does not mean she knows everything. She will still do things she shouldn’t and will still need to be corrected. A middle-years child very much still needs to be taught, encouraged, and disciplined to learn how to grow into a wise, moral, and responsible person.”
Valerie is sharing 8 ways to correct behavior during the preteen years today. Go read her tips over at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom today!
Check out the rest of the posts by the mamas of the BFBN. We are all blogging about principles of the Babywise series that don’t include sleep or scheduling. Lots of great content, so be sure to read them all! Links will go live day of.
- Monday – How to Correct Your Preteen – Valerie – Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Monday – How to Solve the Wise in His Own Eyes Problem -Natasha – Let’s Be Brave
- Tuesday – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions – Kimberly – Team Cartwright
- Tuesday –5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness – Caitlin – Rogers Party of 5
- Wednesday – How To Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results –Katrina – Mama’s Organized Chaos
- Thursday – Self-Control is a Base Virtue – Cole – Twinning Babywise
- Thursday – Temper Tantrums & the Happy Heart Rug – Carrie – Wiley Adventures
- Friday – How to Teach Your Child Self-Control -Emily – The Journey of Parenthood