“Having a baby is such an exciting thing!! But those first several weeks of finding a new normal can be exhausting and overwhelming. And if you’re trying to breastfeed successfully, that just adds one more thing on your plate. Recovering from giving birth and balancing all the demands of life plus a new baby – whew!
I really wanted to be successful at breastfeeding my first baby so I prioritized that over a lot of things for a few weeks. And really, those first few weeks (more like 5-8 weeks) I felt like I was just surviving. Here’s how I made it through!”
Read the full post here.
Before Theo was born, I knew nothing about breastfeeding. I just kind of hoped it would work out. Although it DID work out, I would have been way less stressed if I had read a post like this. Pregnant or new mamas… this post is so helpful! Head on over and give it a read.
Let’s Be Brave: How to Survive the First Few Weeks of Breastfeeding
All of the brilliant mamas of the BFBN are writing on the topic of breastfeeding this week. Check the blog daily for all of the posts!
- Monday: Valerie at Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Tuesday: Christine at Christine Keys and Kimberly from Team Cartwright
- Wednesday: Katrina from Mama’s Organized Chaos and Natasha from Let’s Be Brave
- Thursday: Caitlin from Twin Mom and More and Carrie from Wiley Adventures
- Friday: Emily from Journey of Parenthood