“We live in a “give me what I want and give it to me NOW” sort of culture. We expect instant results. Instant gratification. We don’t want to wait for anything and feel entitled to everything our hearts desire.
I couldn’t agree with Emily more. She talks about one simple way that she effectively teachers her children to use self-control. I am definitely going to start this with Theo.
Read the full post over at The Journey of Parenthood.
Check out the rest of the posts by the mamas of the BFBN. We are all blogging about principles of the Babywise series that don’t include sleep or scheduling. Lots of great content, so be sure to read them all! All links will go live day of.
- Monday – How to Correct Your Preteen – Valerie – Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Monday – How to Solve the Wise in His Own Eyes Problem -Natasha – Let’s Be Brave
- Tuesday – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions – Kimberly – Team Cartwright
- Tuesday –5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness – Caitlin – Rogers Party of 5
- Wednesday – How To Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results –Katrina – Mama’s Organized Chaos
- Thursday – Self-Control is a Base Virtue – Cole – Twinning Babywise
- Thursday – Temper Tantrums & the Happy Heart Rug -Carrie – Wiley Adventures
- Friday – How to Teach Your Child Self-Control -Emily – The Journey of Parenthood
How much did you enjoy this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: