Temper tantrums… something that every parent in the world has experienced. It would be nice if there was one method that worked for every child, however, there isn’t. Not only do children handle things differently, but, in my experience, it can vary tantrum to tantrum what works for that child.
Today, Carrie is blogging about 1 way that she handles tantrums for all 3 of her children.
“One of the suggestions the author makes for how to handle tantrums is isolation and this is typically how we handle it with the big emotions in our home. With our kids, we have seen tantrums start to really appear around the 15-18 month mark. When they are that little up through probably age 3, we address this by using what we call the “happy heart rug”.
We use the term “happy heart” a lot in our house. Because we do want to teach our kids that they can CHOOSE to have a happy heart. Specifically in regards to obedience. We teach them to obey “Right away, all the way, with a happy heart”. Most tantrums happen in this obedience cycle. You ask your child to do something that they don’t want to do so they throw a fit.”
Read the full post over at Carrie’s blog, Wiley Adventures.
Check out the rest of the posts by the mamas of the BFBN. We are all blogging about principles of the Babywise series that don’t include sleep or scheduling. Lots of great content, so be sure to read them all! All links will go live day of.
- Monday – How to Correct Your Preteen – Valerie – Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
- Monday – How to Solve the Wise in His Own Eyes Problem -Natasha – Let’s Be Brave
- Tuesday – Intentional Parenting: How Our Beliefs and Goals Shape Our Parenting Decisions – Kimberly – Team Cartwright
- Tuesday –5 Ways to Teach Children Kindness – Caitlin – Rogers Party of 5
- Wednesday – How To Give Instructions to Your Toddler & Achieve Successful Results –Katrina – Mama’s Organized Chaos
- Thursday – Self-Control is a Base Virtue – Cole – Twinning Babywise
- Thursday – Temper Tantrums & the Happy Heart Rug -Carrie – Wiley Adventures
- Friday – How to Teach Your Child Self-Control -Emily – The Journey of Parenthood
How much did you enjoy this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: